20 December 2012
The thought of having a swimming pool in your backyard can excite just about anyone. We're going to tell you what is involved in the process of pool construction, so that you can get yourself prepared before you make the decision of what pool is best for you.
Just like every important decision you make in life, there’s lots of things to take into consideration before you just throw money into something; especially something like this where you're creating your own personal backyard paradise!
Here are just a few important things to think about before you break ground:
- Do you have space in your yard for a shed to store all your pool toys and/or cleaning supplies?
- Do you have enough money to purchase a fence completely surrounding your backyard? (It’s a law if you have a pool)
- Do you want a saltwater or chlorine pool?
- Are you thinking about adding a spa or a waterfall to your pool construction?
- Will your pool be heated?
At Tropical Pools and Pavers, we take pride in our work and want to help you choose the perfect pool! We will show you photos with common pool construction layouts. Those photos should give you an idea of what it is that you are looking for. It will also let you know what size or shape pool will fit or look good in your yard.
We want to make sure you’re 100% with your choice before construction starts.
Stages of Pool Construction
The stages of pool construction aren’t always done in exact order, so we’re just going to give you a list of things to expect when your pool construction is under way. It's the general way most pools are done though.
Here’s how it works:
- Excavation - “Peg out” the shape of the pool making sure the elevations and dimensions are correct
- The hole for the pool is dug
- Pipes will be installed/laid for the pool
- Reinforcement bars (steel) are installed along the bottom and sides of the pool for strength and stability
- Concrete is applied around the reinforcement bars
- Tiles/Pavers are added around the pool
- Interior lining is applied
- Acid wash – The lining is cleaned with an acid solution before water is added
- Add water!
At Tropical Pools and Pavers, we take pride in swimming pool construction. Once your pool is finished, we will sit down with you and explain the proper ways to keep your new investment in tip-top shape.